Creating Great Facebook Content, New Facebook Features and the New Instagram Lite app
Jul 05, 2018
This week we'll be looking at some tips for creating great Facebook content, new Facebook features and the new Instagram Lite app.
To help you prioritize what to read, we’ve created a ranking system of 1 - 3 ravens. The bigger the flock, the greater the importance. If you want more than our summary, click the title for the full article.
Source: Facebook Newsroom
- This keyword "snooze" feature allows you to type in certain words that signal a specific type of post or content.
- For example, if you haven't seen the latest episode of Game of Thrones and know that everyone is going to be talking about it online, you can snooze Game of Thrones related keywords to save yourself from spoilers.
Source: Tech Crunch
- The social media giant has launched a smaller version of its app that is available to users in developing countries.
- Because these individuals have devices that are a little older, Instagram Lite is 1/55th the size of the full-scale app.
- The app will still include regular posting options and stories but on a smaller scale.
- The app also appeals to those who have slower network connectivity.
Source: Ad Espresso
- You can't have more than 20% text in an image.
- This was true in the past but isn't anymore. You may receive a warning-type email from Facebook, but that doesn't mean you can't post the images.
- However, if you're trying to post an ad with a lot of text it may be more difficult to get approved during the Holiday seasons when there are a lot of ads wanting to get through.
- Instagram is only for advertising to millennials.
- Instagram's user count just keeps increasing and it's not just the millennials.
- Instagram stories are huge and the platform overall is a great place to advertise to people of all ages.
- You pay more for ads with a low relevance score.
- If your ad has a low relevance score but is still getting you decent results you should keep running it.
- Stay Honest.
- If you keep your content honest, people are going to trust you more and they'll be more likely to share it.
- Even if the topic strays from your brand, being completely honest about something serious can really help your business.
- Use humor in your posts.
- People like to laugh so make them laugh! Humor helps improve your brand image and will make you seem more personable.
- Connect with people.
- Connect with your audience, share their posts and build up a relationship with your followers.
- People love it when businesses interact with them.
- Give practical advice.
- Share relevant and useful advice. People like to share information that can help their friends and others.
- Use Three-Point Lighting.
- The three types of lighting include key lighting, fill lighting and backlighting. If you can use natural lighting that is usually the best, but when you have to use production lighting remember the three types of lighting.
- Use a tripod.
- If you're shaking all over the place and the footage isn't clear people aren't going to want to keep watching.
- If you have a tripod your footage will be steady and easy to watch.
- Use an external microphone.
- An external microphone will get you way better audio that is crisp and clean. Don't let your audio hurt people's ears.
- Let your followers know you're going to go live before you do.
- Give people a heads up that you'll be going live. If people know that you'll be streaming live they will know to tune in when you actually start the video.
- Don't be too scripted, relax.
- It's important to know where you want to go with the stream, but stay relaxed. If you're really rigid and scripted people won't be interested. They want to see personality.
Brainstorm, Troubleshoot, Design Your Social Media Action Plan.
In 30 Minutes, Joleen will help you come up with something tangible!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.