How to Retarget Messenger Bot Subscribers with Facebook ads and How to Protect Your Instagram Account From Hackers
Aug 30, 2018
A Message from our Head Raven,
Happy weekend, Raven Maven! As we do every weekend, we’re once again bringing you the inside scoop on all the changes and churns in the wild and wooly world of social media marketing!
This week we'll be looking at some of the latest Facebook updates from August, as well as how to retarget messenger bot subscribers with Facebook ads and ways to protect your Instagram account from hackers.
The only predictable thing about Digital Marketing and Social Networks is change. The instant you feel like you've got a handle on the way things work is the very moment when new things take over. To help stay up-to-date on all the latest news in social media and digital marketing, we scour our favorite blogs, follow industry thought leaders, and engage in digital communities. We pull all that information together and share it with our community in our weekly Raven News Round-up. Hopefully, all of our creeping will save you time and bring you valuable nuggets-o-wisdom.
To help you prioritize what to read, we’ve created a ranking system of 1 - 3 ravens. The bigger the flock, the greater the importance. If you want more than our summary, click the title for the full article.
- Facebook Adds New Creative Tools in App’s Ads Manager
- The ads manager mobile app now lets users edit their photos in-app, including cropping, utilizing templates, adding color filters, and slapping on new shapes, stickers, and even logos.
- Mentorship program for Groups
- This program allows group admins to create mentorship programs, like “how to start a freelance writing career,” and having program steps like “make a website” and “pitch a client.”
- Watch Party Rolls Out to All Groups
- It allows admins and moderators in a group to select any public video that is hosted on Facebook, to share it in the group, and then to host a “watch party” where
- Updated Video Ad Metrics
- Facebook is updating their current video ad metrics to better align with how users actually watch video ads on the platform, focusing more on how much total time a video is watched.
- New Ad Solutions for Gaming Marketers
- Facebook has just released new ways for gaming marketers to connect with potential players.
- One of the coolest new options is the ability to let users test out your game in an in-app preview before they download it.
- New Look for Mobile
- Mobile users are going to be seeing some big changes in certain parts of the interface.
- This includes a newly redesigned navigation bar, which will show “shortcuts” to the items that users are accessing most frequently.
- Facebook Follows Through on App Shut Downs
- All apps that weren’t submitted for the review process have had their access removed.
- If you haven’t submitted your app for review, it’s not too late to do so; do it now.
- Facebook’s Workplace has made a lot of changes in the past month, releasing new features that are focused on team building, collaboration, and personalization all at once
- Team members can have individual profiles on Workplace, which will contain work anniversaries, birthdays, and personal details that are approved by the admin, allowing team members to get to know each other a little better.
- New Tap to React Feature in Stories
- Facebook Stories is testing a new sticker type, which will allow users to “tap to react” when viewing them.
- Facebook Acquires VidPresso Team & Tech
- Vidpresso was a social video company containing 7 people and technology that makes live videos more interactive on multiple platforms, and Facebook recently acquired the team and the people (but not the actual company).
- Change Your Password
- A strong password should include at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation characters (e.g. ! and &).
- Don’t use the same password you use for other accounts.
- Set reminders on your phone to change your password regularly.
- Don’t share your password with anyone.
- Change the Password for the Email Account Connected to Your Instagram
- Since your email address is essential to logging into your Instagram, it’s just as important to protect the password for your email account.
- Revoke Access to Suspicious Third-Party Apps
- Go to the Authorized Applications section of your account settings via the desktop application.
- Once you see the apps you’ve authorized, choose the ones whose access you want to revoke.
- Turn On Two-Factor Authentication
- Two-factor authentication is Instagram’s recommended security feature that requires anyone logging into your account from an unknown device to enter a code after filling out the username and password entries.
- Log Out When Using Shared Devices
- Always log out of devices that aren’t private and be sure leave the “Remember Me” box unchecked.
Source: Social Media Examiner
- If you use ManyChat to manage your Messenger bot, you can export your bot subscriber list from the platform and use it to create a Facebook custom audience.
- In addition, you can create a lookalike audience based on your custom audience.
- Export Facebook Messenger Bot Subscriber Data
- The first step is to export your Messenger bot subscriber data from ManyChat.
- To do this, log into ManyChat and navigate to your Audience tab in the left menu. You then see a list of all of your Messenger bot subscribers.
- If you have a large subscriber list and want to segment it before exporting, click the Filter icon and then click + Condition.
- From here, you can select any number of tags, segmentation, and conditions you want.
- Once you have the list you want to export, click Bulk Actions and select Export PSIDs from the drop-down menu.
- To get access to the Export PSIDs feature, you’ll need to upgrade to a ManyChat Pro account.
- Import Your Messenger Bot Subscriber Data to Create a Facebook Custom Audience
- Once you have your list of Facebook user IDs in a CSV file, you’re ready to use it to create a custom audience.
- Open Facebook Ads Manager and select Audiences under Assets.
- When the Audiences dashboard opens, click Create Audience and then select Custom Audience from the drop-down menu.
- Because you want to use the CSV file you exported from ManyChat, select Customer File as the basis for the custom audience you’re creating.
- Then select Add Customers From Your Own File or Copy and Paste Data.
- Click Select the Origin of This Upload and choose the source of your data. In this case, it’s from a partner (ManyChat).
- Then click Upload Your File and navigate to your CSV file. When you’re done, click Next.
- Facebook shows you a preview of the identifiers they’ll use to map your data. From the drop-down menu, select Facebook Page User ID.
- You may notice you’re still not able to move forward and upload your data just yet. This is because the data still isn’t mapped. To do this, click the Enter Facebook Page IDs link.
- In the pop-up box, enter the page ID number that corresponds with the Facebook page tied to ManyChat where you received this data.
- To find your Page ID number, go to the About section of your page and scroll down to the bottom. You’ll see it noted there. Copy and paste it into the pop-up box and click Add
- When you’re done, click Upload & Create to build your custom audience.
- Create a Lookalike Audience Based on Your Custom Audience
- On the page that confirms your audience data was uploaded, you’ll see the option to create a lookalike audience, which can help you further grow your Messenger bot subscriber list.
- Click Create Audience and choose Lookalike Audience from the drop-down menu.
- In the Create a Lookalike Audience window, select the custom audience you want to use to create your lookalike audience.
- Next, drag the slider to select your audience size.
- Create several audiences based on your source audience list to give you multiple options to test in your Facebook ads.
- When you’re done choosing parameters for your lookalike audience, click Create Audience.
- Run Your Campaigns
- Once you’ve created your custom and lookalike audiences, set up your Facebook campaigns as you normally would and target the audiences you just created.
- Your custom audience is a very warm audience so it’s the best audience to sell to.
- Your lookalike audience is ideal for growing your subscriber base and warming users to you before pitching your products or services to them.
Brainstorm, Troubleshoot, Design Your Social Media Action Plan.
In 30 Minutes, Joleen will help you come up with something tangible!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.